Amongst the new wave of funky flavoured spirits taking over the cocktail lists (parma violets and rhubarb, anyone?), the Whiskey Sour is an evergreen classic that will never go out of style.
Thirst-quenching with a bit of zest, this classic cocktail has endured the test of time with its first recorded appearance in 1870.
Though Whiskey Sour can be made without an egg white, you should still consider using this unusual ingredient – egg whites are flavourless, and adding a small amount to the mix will make your whiskey sour rich and creamy, with a luscious foam top.
Thanks to the Crown Royal range of whiskies, your next Whiskey Sour will not only be refreshing but full-bodied and smooth. Exquisitely combining a mix of 50 whiskies, Crown Royal is essential to help elevate your cocktail experience, one sip at a time.
- 50ml Crown Royal Vanilla
- 35ml lemon juice
- 15 ml 2:1 sugar syrup
- Two dashes Angostura bitters
- ½ fresh egg white
- Lemon zest
- For the garnish, slice of orange and glazed cherries.
- Abandon the egg white if that isn’t your thing.
- Shake all of the ingredients (except for the lemon zest) hard with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Squeeze the lemon zest, shiny side down over the drink so the scented oils spray across the surface.
- Discard the zest, add the garnish and serve
If you’re still a sucker for flavoured spirits, you’re in luck. Crown Royal whisky has kept your needs in mind and offer a wide range of flavoured whisky. From vanilla, apple and peach, you’re really spoilt for choice but they are going fast. If you’re not adding it to your basket right now, then don’t say we didn’t warn you when it’s sold out.
Explore our range of Crown Royal here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.