Nothing beats a good chocolate brownie, but a basic brownie mix can be elevated into something extraordinary by adding the world’s most luxurious liqueur, Chambord.
Crafted in France’s Loire Valley, Chambord is an iconic Black Raspberry liqueur that is adored for its rich, fruity taste and luxe velvety texture. It is made with raspberries, blackberries, and blackcurrants plus an exquisite XO cognac with flavours of vanilla and honey. It’s damn good in a cocktail, and even better in a brownie!
Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven. Add just 50ml of Chambord to your brownie batter to release the rich and boozy flavours.
If you’re feeling experimental, there are a host of delicious fruit liqueurs you could try in a brownie mix. A Cherry Brandy liqueur would work fantastically, as would the brilliant Peach and Apricot editions from Gabriel Boudier.
Whatever liqueur you go for, just make sure you serve up your boozy brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of fresh fruit for a dessert that’s a little bit grown-up and a whole lot delicious.
- 130g all-purpose flour
- 250g granulated sugar
- 85g dark cocoa powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 50ml Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Butter, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180° and grease a square baking tin that is roughly 9×9 inches
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt to a large bowl and stir together
- Add in the eggs, oil, and Chambord Liqueur and mix until combined
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes
- When cooked, leave the brownie to cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into squares
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some fresh raspberries