This Cappuccino Cheesecake is the best of all worlds, combining a rich, creamy filling with a strong coffee kick, a chocolatey biscuit base, and a generous dusting of cocoa powder.
Delivering the full flavours of a velvety cappuccino, this baked cheesecake is certain to be a hit with coffee lovers and the sweet-toothed alike.
Alongside using a small espresso shot, this recipe adds another layer of creamy coffee flavour by employing one very special ingredient: Bottega Cappuccino Liqueur.
This tipple is a luxurious treat from one of the finest designer alcohol brands, blending roasted arabica beans with lightly sweetened milk to create the perfect boozy cappuccino sip.
Adding a dash of Bottega Cappuccino Liqueur adds decadent coffee flavours to your cheesecake mix, alongside achieving a rich, whipped texture.
If you’re feeling adventurous, Bottega have an incredible range of liqueurs which you can incorporate in your next bake. Create a deliciously unique cheesecake using their Chocolate, Espresso, Cinnamon, Caramel, Panna Cotta, and Pistachio Liqueurs. The possibilities & flavours are endless.
Cheesecake Base Ingredients:
- 250g chocolate biscuits
- 50g melted butter
- 1 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 900g cream cheese
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml Bottega Cappuccino Liqueur
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 30ml espresso shot, room temperature (mix 1 tbsp hot water with 1 tbsp instant coffee grounds if you don’t have a coffee maker at hand)
- ½ tsp salt
- Cocoa powder, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan), and line a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick baking paper
- Crush the chocolate biscuits until they form a fine crumb, transfer to a large bowl, and mix in the muscovado sugar and melted butter
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of the pan to make a firm, even base
- To make the cheesecake filling, begin by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy, then mix in the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly
- Add the espresso shot, Bottega Cappuccino Liqueur, double cream, and sour cream and give the mixture a final stir to bring together
- Pour the cheesecake mix into the pan and smooth over to create a level surface
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for a round 90 minutes or until the cheesecake’s surface is golden brown and forming cracks
- Once baked through, remove from the oven and leave to completely cool before chilling in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours
- Before serving, cover the cheesecake with a generous dusting of cocoa powder – and enjoy!