Combining the fundamental cocktail elements of spirit, citrus, and sugar, the Whiskey Sour is one of the oldest and best-loved serves in history.
The simplicity of its core recipe, though delicious on its own, provides ample grounds for creating sumptuous variations and twists – like this exquisite seasonal Gingerbread Whiskey Sour.
Bourbon bears a longstanding reputation as the ideal warming winter tipple, so makes the perfect base for this festive cocktail. Near enough any good American Whiskey will do, but for an extra dose of luxe baked sweetness it’s best to opt for Wild Turkey’s Honey Whiskey. This exquisite blend of liquor and honey will bring a decadent touch and pair fantastically with a generous dose of ginger spice.
- 100ml Wild Turkey Honey Whiskey
- 50ml Bottega Ginger Liqueur
- 50ml Lemon Juice
- 10ml Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg White
- Cinnamon, to garnish
- Add the whiskey, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, maple syrup, and egg white to a cocktail shaker and shake thoroughly for 30 seconds
- Add several ice cubes and shake again until well-chilled
- Strain into a tumbler and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon