We’re back! This month we have a real tasty treat for our VIP bakers. This month’s delicious instalment is our very own twist on a classic, a pumpkin pie infused with the sweet allure of Wild turkey whisky. A dessert that is sure to send your taste buds wild, it doesn’t get any better than this.
Start by accumulating the following Ingredients:
- 750g/1lb 10oz pumpkin peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 350g sweet shortcrust pastry
- plain flour, for dusting
- 140g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
- One tsp cinnamon
- Two eggs, beaten
- 25g butter, melted
- 175ml milk
- 25ml Wild Turkey Whisky
- One tbsp icing sugar
Now let’s bake:
- Place the pumpkin in a large saucepan, submerge with water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Drain pumpkin; let cool.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin and put in the fridge to chill for 15 mins.
- Line the pastry with baking parchment and then fill with baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Remove the beans and paper, and cook for a further 10 mins until the base is pale golden and holds a biscuit-like texture. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Increase oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg and half the cinnamon. Mix in the beaten eggs, melted butter, milk and Wild Turkey whisky, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine. Pour into the tart shell and cook for 10 mins, then reduce the temperature to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Continue to bake for 35-40 mins until the filling has just set.
- Leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie. Serve chilled.
And it’s as simple as that, gorge yourself on this deliciously wild treat. Add a VIP flare and whip up a Wild Turkey whisky cocktail or simply have it on the rocks, after all this is a treat only for adults. To purchase your Wild Turkey Honey click here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.