We have got you covered for at home rum cocktails this Christmas and beyond. Stir yourself into the mixologist you’ve always wanted to be with our top 7 rum cocktails to make from your at home bar all year-round. With enough practice and enough rum, you’ll be sure to impress any at home bar guest with our favourite cocktail recipes for your bar guests.
Light rum recipes
Light rum can also be referred to as “white rum” or “silver rum”. Light rums are generally quite sweet, with a distinctive vanilla and spice flavour combination, creating a medium bodied spirit with undertones of tropical fruits, dark sugar and spices.
We have compiled a list of some of our favourite light and dark rum recipes to take your at home bar to the next level and make cocktails everyone will love. You’ll be a pro mixologist in no time!
Long island iced tea
A drink to put hairs on anyone’s chest. A long island iced tea combines 4 classic spirits into one sweet drink. We think an ‘always drink responsibly’ is needed for this one!
- 50ml Bacardi White Rum
- 50ml Gordon’s London Dry Gin
- 50ml Absolut Vanilla Vodka
- 50ml Cazcabel Blanco Tequila
- 50ml Triple Sec
- 60ml fresh lime juice
- 500ml Coca Cola mixer
- Lime wedges (to garnish)
- Pour the rum, vodka, gin, tequila, and triple sec into a large jug with a few handfuls of ice. Stir until the outside of the jug feels cold.
- Add the Coca Cola mixer and lime wedges into the jug.
- Fill 4 tall glasses with ice and pour over the Long Island Iced Tea. Garnish with lime wedges if you desire.
A classic and creamy drink that all your guests will be sure to love. With a mix of coconut and pineapple flavours your tastebuds will be transported with this classic Puerto Rican beverage.
- 65ml Bacardi White Rum
- 125ml fresh pineapple juice
- 65ml coconut cream
- A wedge of pineapple (as a garnish)
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender or bowl to hand blend with a handful of ice.
- Garnish with pineapple to serve.
No explanation needed for this one. A mojito is a classic cocktail everyone knows and loves, it’s as simple as that. The fresh flavour pairings of the sweet sugar mixed with the fresh mint, rum and soda water give this drink a crisp taste no other could satisfy.
- 65ml Bacardi White Rum
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- The juice of 1 lime
- Mint leaves
- Can of soda water
- Place the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves into a glass and crush to bring out their distinctive flavours. You can do this with the end of a rolling pin or any other flat object. Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Pour over the Bacardi rum while stirring the drink with a long spoon. Top up the rest of your drink (to taste) with soda water and garnish with mint when serving.
Dark ‘N’ Stormy
Why not sweeten your taste buds with a timeless Dark ‘N’ Stormy cocktail homemade at your very own bar. The key to this drink is the rum you choose, whether you opt for a light and fragrant rum or a dark and rich rum like our Bumbu rum, the quality is everything with this drink.
- 60ml Bacardi White Rum
- ½ lime fresh lime juice
- Can of ginger beer
- Lime wedge (to garnish)
- Pour the rum and the fresh lime juice over a handful of ice into a Collins glass.
- Top the glass off with ginger beer.
- Serve with a lime wedge to garnish.
Dark rum recipes
Old fashioned with a twist
Since when did old fashioned drinks become so simple. They’re classic flavours are recognisable to anyone, giving the drink a predictable flavour everytime. That’s why we’ve chosen to spice up this classic cocktail recipe to add a hint of Bumbu rum to add a real kick to your taste buds. We hear this may be your favourite old fashioned cocktail recipe yet!
- 60ml Bumbu Dark Rum
- 30ml Glenfiddich Whisky
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1tsp sugar/ sugar cube
- Orange twist (to garnish)
- In an old fashioned style glass, mix together the sugar and the bitters.
- Add a handful of ice or a large ice cube.
- Add the Bumbu rum and the whisky and stir.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
The sister drink to a Pina Colada, the Painkiller is known as the more adult version with a dark rum twist. We recommend using Bumbu dark rum for an extra grown-up flavour.
- 60ml Bumbu Dark Rum
- 85ml Pineapple juice
- 30ml coconut cream
- 30ml orange juice
- Pineapple and orange (to garnish)
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the nutmeg into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass with ice.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top and garnish with pineapple or orange to serve.
Classic rum punch
For a boozy yet delicious drink, try out our famous rum punch for a fruity weekend tipple.
- 150ml Bumbu XO Rum
- Ice cubes
- 175ml orange juice
- 75ml lime juice
- 50ml sugar syrup
- 1tsp grenadine syrup
- Dash of bitters
- Orange and cherries to garnish
- Pour the juices, Bumbu rum, syrups and bitters into a large serving jug and stir. Then put it in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Serve the drink over ice, sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg and garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherries.
We hope you love these cocktails as much as we do! If you do want to shake it up and make any of our fantastic rum recipes, be sure to tag us in your cocktail pictures on the VIP Bottles Instagram, we’d love to see what you create 🍸.