With summer now in full flow and a trip outside of this majestic island extremely unlikely, it looks like we will have to bring the summer vibes to our own homes. What better way to do than by making our favourite summer cocktails from Woo Woos to Old Fashioneds, we have created the ultimate summer cocktail recipe list. Scroll down to find a recipe for your favourite summer cocktail.
An 80’s classic, this cocktail combines peach and cranberry flavours to give you a tropical twist to any evening. We have opted for Smirnoff Peach in our recipe and if you want it for yours, you can get it here.
- 30ml Smirnoff Peach Vodka
- 70ml Cranberry Juice
- 1 Dash Lime Juice
- 2 Dashes Peach Bitters
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the Smirnoff Peach vodka, cranberry juice and a few drops of lime juice
- Shake really well then strain into a tumbler with extra ice
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
2. Mint Julep
Whisky cocktails do not usually get the credit they deserve but the Mint Julep has stood the test of time as one of the most refreshing and summery cocktails around. Shop our Jack Daniels range for your perfect base!
- 65ml Jack Daniels Bourbon
- A Handful of Mint Leaves
- 12ml Sugar Syrup
- Mint to garnish
- Shake the bourbon, mint leaves and sugar syrup with ice and strain into a julep tin filled with crushed ice
- Churn gently with a long-handled spoon and top with more ice
- Garnish and serve
3. Sea Breeze
Even the name of this colourful cocktail is full of summer. Just imagine, you’re at the beach with your favourite book and you are served at your lounger this gorgeous concoction. For this, we have opted for the premium Belvedere Pink Grapefruit vodka.
- 50ml Belvedere Pink Grapefruit vodka
- 100ml Cranberry Juice
- 50ml Grapefruit Juice
- Lime to garnish
- Half-fill a tall glass with ice then pour in the vodka, cranberry juice and grapefruit juice
- Stir gently until the outside of the glass feels cold
- Garnish with the lime slice.
4. Bermuda Highball
Described as a grown-up drink by many, the Bermuda Highball gives a new twist on the Martini and classic Highball whilst sticking to some similar flavours.
- 15ml H By Hine Cognac
- 10ml Dry Vermouth
- 15ml Burleigh’s Signature London Dry Gin
- 25ml Ginger Ale
- Lemon to garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes
- Add cognac, dry vermouth and gin
- Top up with ginger ale
- Garnish with lemon.
5. Irish Old Fashioned
A fun twist on an absolute classic when it comes to dark liquor cocktails, a true old fashioned marries a number of zesty flavours together and is the perfect drink to wind down during a summer’s evening. For this, we have opted for Jameson’s Crested Irish Whiskey
- 40ml Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey
- 10ml Elderflower Cordial
- 10ml Sauternes
- Lemon Zest to garnish
- Add cubed ice to a tumbler glass
- Put everything except the lemon zest in the tumbler
- Stir to combine and dilute
- Garnish with the lemon zest to serve.
6. White Russian
Quick and easy, this White Russian recipe is sure to give you a much-needed kick whether you are sitting down to relax or looking to dance the night away. For this, we have opted for Grey Goose’s crisp vodka and Kahlua.
- 60ml Grey Goose Vodka
- 30ml Kahlua
- 15ml Cream
- Mix together all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Put some ice cubes in a small tumbler and pour the cocktail over the top.