Amongst the new wave of spirits taking over many cocktails lists like Pink gin or Parma Violet liqueur, the Whiskey Sour is an ever-green classic calling out your name. Thirst-quenching with a bit of zest, this classic cocktail can indeed be used as an example of being the highest quality and most outstanding of its kind.
Thanks to the Crown Royal range of whiskies, your next Whiskey Sour will not only be refreshing but full-bodied and smooth. Exquisitely combining a mix of 50 whiskies, Crown Royal is essential to help elevate your cocktail experience, one sip at a time.
- 50ml Crown Royal Vanilla
- 35ml lemon juice
- 12½ ml 2:1 sugar syrup
- Two dashes Angostura bitters
- ½ fresh egg white
- Lemon zest
- For the garnish, slice of orange and glazed cherries.
- Abandon the egg white if that isn’t your thing.
- Shake all of the ingredients (except for the lemon zest) hard with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Squeeze the lemon zest, shiny side down over the drink so the scented oils spray across the surface.
- Discard the zest, add the garnish and serve
If you’re still a sucker for flavoured spirits, you’re in luck. Crown Royal whisky has kept your needs in mind and offer a wide range of flavoured whisky. From vanilla, apple and peach, you’re really spoilt for choice but they are going fast. If you’re not adding it to your basket right now, then don’t say we didn’t warn you when it’s sold out.
Explore our range of Crown Royal here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.