It’s that time again where we give our VIP’s another boozy treat to whip up over the weekend. There is always room for a strawberry cake so why not take it to the next level and make a Smirnoff Strawberry anti-gravity cake. Well that’s what we’ve made and with these simple steps your guests are sure to enjoy it just as much as we have, keep reading to find out how:
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g softened unsalted butter
- Four eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- One tsp baking powder
- Two tbsp milk
- Five cl Smirnoff strawberry vodka
- 500g strawberries
- White chocolate fingers
- 280g icing sugar
- 150g softened butter
- Heat oven to 190°c/ fan or 170°c/ gas mark 5. Butter two individual 20cm sandwich tins and line with non-stick baking paper
- In a large bowl, beat 200g caster sugar,200g softened butter, 4 beaten eggs, 200g self- raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder,2 tbsp milk and 2tsp of Smirnoff strawberry vodka. Mix together until you have a smooth, soft batter.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and smooth surface with a spatula. (be sure to tap the tin – dropping the tin from a 2cm height – this will knock out any air pockets built up in the batter giving you a more consistent bake)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden and the cake should spring back when pressed
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely
Whisk 280g icing sugar, 150g unsalted butter and two tsp of Smirnoff strawberry vodka together until you have stiff peaks in your icing.
Now let’s Decorate:
- Remove cakes from there tins
- Spread strawberry jam over the top of the first cake
- Place carefully the second cake on top of the jam topped cake creating a ‘sandwich’
- Ice the entire sandwich cake with the icing mixture you had created before
- Place the white chocolate fingers around the circumference of the cake making sure to press each finger into the icing carefully so that they stick to the cake
- Add the strawberries on top of the cake
- For that extra dazzle and anti-gravity, cake look why not put a little icing on the top of the Smirnoff strawberry miniature bottle, you have leftover and place It on the top of the cake (see picture for reference)
And it is as simple as that, enjoy it with ice cream or by itself and you’re sure to wow your guests and for that extra VIP touch why not whip up a Smirnoff Strawberry cocktail after all this is a treat only made for adults.
Get your Smirnoff Strawberry here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.