It’s finally back, here we have another dose of our Boozy Bakery, just another taste bud tingling treat for our very special VIP’s, this is our ‘Deliciously Jammy Doughnuts’. Kick start summer with a nostalgic treat that’s sure to wow your guests. A Smirnoff strawberry jam infused doughnut, does it get any better? No, it doesn’t.
- 500g white flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 40g unsalted butter
- Two free-range eggs
- Seven-gram sachets of instant yeasts x2
- 10g salt
- 150ml warm milk
- 130ml water
- 50ml Smirnoff Strawberry
Ingredients for filling:
- Two jars of strawberries
- For the dough, place all ingredients except for the jam into a large bowl holding back a quarter of the water
- Stir with your hands until a dough is formed
- Slowly add the remaining water and knead the dough in the bowl for four minutes. (Alternatively, you could mix with a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook)
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic
- Place the dough into a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for an hour
- Tip the dough out onto a very lightly floured surface, and knock it back by kneading it a few times.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball
- Place all balls onto a floured baking tray and allow to rise for an hour
- Preheat a deep fat fryer, filled with sunflower oil to 180c
- Lower each doughnut into the fryer, cooking each side for about five minutes or until golden brown. (Bakers trick, the doughnuts will float in the oil when cooked so you know when to flip them to cook the other side) Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and immediately roll in caster sugar so that the hot fat makes the sugar stick to the sides
- Set aside and leave to cool
- When completely cool, using a small, sharp, knife cut into the side of the doughnut, reaching to the centre
- Spoon some smooth or sieved strawberry jam into a piping bag
- Insert the piping bag into each doughnut through the hole made in step 12. and pipe the strawberry jam, be generous with each doughnut
And it’s as simple as that, gorge yourself on these delicious strawberry jam treats because you won’t want to share. Add a VIP flare and whip up a nice Smirnoff strawberry cocktail.
Purchase Smirnoff Strawberry vodka here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.