When is the last time you had a ginger bread man? The answer I’m sure is so long ago you cant remember. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and bake a nostalgic ginger bread man with an adult twist. Did you know you can use Smirnoff’s Cinna Sugar Twist to make Gingerbread Men? Well we have, and here is how.
Start by accumulating the following ingredients:
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter – un-salted, soft
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp Smirnoff sugar twist
Now let’s get baking:
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda ,ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together.
- Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c / has mark 4
- Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place onto the baking tray leaving gaps between them
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to partially cool and firm up and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Get your Smirnoff Cinna Sugar Twist Vodka here