When is the last time you had a gingerbread man? The answer I’m sure is so long ago you can’t remember. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and bake a nostalgic gingerbread man with an adult twist. Did you know you can use Smirnoff’s Cinna Sugar Twist to make Gingerbread Men? Well, we have, and here is how.
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter – un-salted & softened
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp Smirnoff sugar twist
Now let’s get baking:
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together.
- Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas mark 4
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place onto the baking tray leaving gaps between them
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to partially cool and firm up and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.