Summer is just around the corner and we have whipped up a zesty citric treat to end spring and welcome the delightful sunshine and good times that come with summer, just for our boozy bakers, here’s our own Margarita Lime Cake.
Start by accumulating the following ingredients:
- 200g granulated sugar
- Zest from 2 limes
- 57 grams of butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 59ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 175 grams flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 60ml of milk
- 80ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60ml Patron Citronge Lime Tequila, divided – 30ml each
- 60ml Cointreau Orange Liqueur, divided – 30ml each
Now let’s bake:
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Lightly grease a 10-inch springform pan and set it aside. (Be sure to use a springform pan as others tins/ pans will not produce the intended outcome)
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sugar and lime zest for several minutes, or until the mixture becomes very fragrant.
- Beat in the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the milk, lime juice, 30ml Patron Citronge Lime Tequila and 30ml Cointreau Orange Liqueur, mixing until batter is uniform and smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared springform pan and evenly spread the mixture with no peaks and then bake for 35 – 40 minutes
Remove from the oven and prick the top with a fork making light holes over the cake.
Stir together the remaining 30ml Patron Citronge Lime Tequila and 30ml Cointreau Orange Liqueur and slowly pour over the top of the cake. Allow cooling within the pan as the alcohol is absorbed.
Coconut lime whipped topping:
- 450ml of coconut whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Zest from 1 lime
- Lime slices for garnish
Now let’s make the whipped cream:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until mixture is smooth and forms stiff peaks and set aside.
Once the cake is cooled remove it from the tin/pan and carefully transfer to a serving plate. Spread the whipped cream mixture over the top of the cake evenly and then decorate with the lime slices.
And it is as simple as that, this cake is delightfully refreshing whilst also packing a citric punch that will rival any margarita cocktail. Why not whip up a margarita or 2 to really and a VIP flare to this luscious treat.
Shop Cointreau Orange Liqueur here
Shop Patron Citronge Lime Tequila here