Indulge the latest instalment of our boozy bakery with Raspberry Chambord squares. We have been whipping up a storm in the kitchen recently and you will too with this irresistible raspberry delight. Made to entertain your family and friends taste buds this is definitely a royal treat you will love.
First accumulate the following:
- 350g of raspberries
- 1 tbsp Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn-starch
Ingredients for the crust:
- 226 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 85g sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 256g all-purpose white flour
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 170g confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Chambord
Now let’s bake:
- Set the oven to 350 F / 175°c
- Grease a 9×9 square baking tin and line it with baking paper so that it is easier to lift out once baked.
- Rinse the raspberries and shake off all the excess water. Toss them gently with the cornstarch, lemon juice and Chambord. Set aside for later.
- Combine the butter, sugar and salt until its well-blended. Add in the vanilla and then the flour and blend until the mixture has a crumbly texture, and there is no dry flour remaining.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the pan making sure the base is fully covered and compressed.
- Spread the raspberries and any juice evenly across the layer of dough and crumble the remaining dough between your fingers and lay on top of the raspberries. There will be raspberries showing through however this is fine.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until lightly golden on top
- Leave the squares to cool in the tin until firm enough to lift out (use the baking paper you laid in earlier to lift out contents), finish cooling using a cooling rack.
- Make the glaze by mixing the confectioner’s sugar, Chambord and a little water, if necessary to form a glaze. Use more or less Chambord to taste. Drizzle the glaze lightly over the squares only when they have completely cooled. (they taste great without the glaze too)
And there you have it, a delicious royal treat for any occasion. And for that VIP touch why not whip up a Chambord cocktail or 2 to really complement the dessert.
Shop Chambord Raspberry here