VIP’s Boozy Bakery is back in session for February and this month we are looking to get a little exotic with a gorgeous Rum & Banana loaf with one of our favourite rums, Malibu Banana.
Scroll down for our full recipe and let us know how you get on trying this. Tag us in your efforts @vipbottlesuk and use the #boozybakery.
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 85g Butter
- 450g Soft Bananas (mashed)
- Two Eggs
- 40g Blueberries
- 50g Pecans
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- Two tbsp Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1/4tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Cream the butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until soft and well incorporated, then add the bananas.
- Add the eggs, slowly, 1 at a time and mix well.
- Add the blueberries, bicarbonate of soda and rum, mixing the ingredients well together.
- Fold the flour into the mixture and then pour the mixture into a non-stick loaf tin.
- Bake the mixture for 45 on a low shelf
- Check loaf is done and serve with a cool scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Get your Malibu Banana here.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.