You can’t go wrong with a warm hot chocolate to end a frantic day. What if we told you we have come up with a real way of turning that ‘nice’ hot chocolate into something a lot more enjoyable?
Bumbu Rum is a sensation because it tastes so darn nice – inspired by a centuries-old recipe, Bumbu’s Caribbean blend is packed with vanilla spice and other tropical treats. The result is a sip bursting with caramelised banana and toffee flavours.
We think it’s the perfect addition for a spiked hot chocolate!
See below our very indulgent Bumbu Hot Chocolate recipe:
- 25ml Bumbu Rum
- 1tbsp thick caramel
- 125ml whole milk
- 50g milk chocolate
- Mix together the rum and the caramel (this will need a bit of elbow grease!) and leave to the side
- Warm the milk over a medium heat until it begins to simmer
- Remove the milk from the heat and add the milk chocolate
- Using a wooden spoon, constantly stir the chocolate into the milk until it has melted
- Place the milk back on a low heat and slowly add the rum mixture
- Continue to stir quickly until the rum mixture has fully dissolved
- Pour into your favourite mug, and top with some grated nutmeg
Discover Bumbu rum here.
You can also use Bumbu Cream liqueur for a less boozy sip!
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.