You’re at home, you’re not sure what day it is now and you’re thinking of how to liven things up in your house. Well, it’s time to bring back Boozy Bakery.
With lots of ingredients in your cupboard and VIP Bottles delivering straight to your door, it’s the perfect time to get experimental in the kitchen with a cake bowl and a bottle of Gin.
Today’s Boozy Bakery is Gin & Tonic Loaf. It is easy, simple, quick and tastes fantastic. For that extra zesty taste, make sure to use Gordan’s Sicilian Lemon Gin.
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 200g + two tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- Four eggs
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 6 tbsp Gin
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Tonic Water
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan or 160°C gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy and pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating them in until mixed well (add a tbsp of flour after each one if it splits). Add the remaining flour, baking powder, four tbsp of the gin, the lemon zest and juice, and a pinch of salt. Scrape into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and firm.
- Mix together the two tbsp of caster sugar, remaining gin and the tonic water.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes then use a skewer to poke holes all over. Pour the gin and tonic mixture all over the cake, then cool in the tin before removing onto a cake board.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tag us on Instagram @vipbottlesuk with your creations!
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.