The Christmas season brings everyone together; it’s a time where life doesn’t get in the way and you make time for your nearest and dearest, including those friends you keep forgetting to reply to. We know you’re busy, we know it’s stressful trying to squeeze seeing everyone into one month. Don’t waste time labouring over food and drinks; VIP recommends these super-quick cocktail recipes that enable you to catch-up on the last 365 days of the year.
1. Easy Mulled Wine
A Christmas classic; is it really the festive season if you haven’t drunk at least 6 glasses of mulled wine? Make that 7 for you and your friends.
- 750ml Auntsfields Pinot Noir 2015 Wine 75cl
- One sliced clementine
- One cinnamon stick
- One star anise
- Three dried figs
- Four cloves
- Three black peppercorns
- 50ml Ciroc VS Brandy
- Pour the red wine into a large saucepan. Add the clementine, cinnamon stick, star anise, dried figs, cloves and black peppercorns. Heat very gently until simmering, then turn off the heat.
- Fish out the whole spices and peppercorns with a spoon, then stir in the brandy. Ladle into mugs, or heatproof glasses to serve. You could drop in a slice of clementine to each
2. Peardrop Bellini
Ditch the strawberries, they’re not even in season anymore. This fizzy, sweet alternative will have you giggling at nothing in no time; whether it’s the bubbles or a sugar rush from the pear drops, you can decide. Super quick and easy, no time wasted at all.
- A bottle of Bottega Gold Prosecco
- A packet of pear drops
- Add a pear drop sweet to each tall, flute glass. Top up with fizz, leave for a minute, then give a quick stir.
3. Peppermint Patty Martini
Embrace your inner sugar plum fairy with this refreshing, dreamy martini and get whisked away to the pine forest or to the land of sweets in just one sip.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 pint light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Ciroc French Vanilla Vodka (add more if desired)
- 1/4 cup peppermint schnapps
- peppermint candy cane
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate, sugar and light cream. Cook over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- After the chocolate is cooled, strain into a pitcher.
- Gradually stir in vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps.
- Pour Peppermint Patty Martini into glasses, garnish with the candy cane and serve.
Find the alcohol you need for this recipe (and more) on the VIP Bottles website today.