Hosting for Christmas shouldn’t be a chore; it’s a time for celebrating and definitely justification for over-indulging. Treat yourself, and your guests, with these VIP-approved cocktails that will leave your friends and family second-guessing whether you hired professional catering, or you’re really just that good.
A spine-tingling blend of prosecco, sloe gin, Jägermeister and apple juice, combined with festive clementine and ginger. Greet your guests from the cold with this warming Christmas punch so they can shed their coats and let the festivities begin.
- A bunch of red grapes
- 750ml Bottega Black Diamond Prosecco
- 1l cloudy apple juice
- 250ml Gordan’s Sloe Gin
- 50ml herbal liqueur (we used Jägermeister)
- 1 ball stem ginger, finely sliced plus 2 tbsp of the syrup
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 clementine, finely sliced
- Gently heat the butter, golden caster sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the spiced rum, then pour into four small heatproof glasses to serve.
This elegant, aromatic twist on the classic French 75 is the epitome of sugar, spice and all things nice; Christmas in a glass, how could your guests refuse?
- 60g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 200ml Havana Club Anejo 7-Year-Old Rum
- 90ml lime juice
- 600ml Veuve Cliquot NV Champagne
- Orange twist
- Gently warm 60g golden caster sugar in a pan with 30ml water and 1 tbsp allspice. Cook gently until the sugar has dissolved, then leave the mixture to cool. Strain through a sieve lined with a coffee filter (or a double layer of kitchen paper).
- Pour 60ml of the spiced syrup into a cocktail shaker along with 200ml rum and 90ml lime juice. Shake with ice and strain between six flute glasses. Top up with 600ml champagne and garnish each with an orange twist.
Capture all the flavours of the classic Christmas ginger biscuit in this simple Prosecco cocktail you can make in minutes – ideal for fuss-free festive entertaining.
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp ginger cordial
- 50ml hazelnut liqueur
- 350ml Bottega White Gold Prosecco
- 25g roll-out icing or marzipan
- 4 mini gingerbread men
- Put 4 champagne flutes in the fridge for 15 mins. When you’re ready to serve, mix together the lemon juice, ginger cordial and hazelnut liqueur in a small jug. Take the champagne flutes out of the fridge, pour in the mixture, then top up each glass with prosecco.
- Roll the icing into 4 small balls, then gently press them onto the rims to help you secure the mini gingerbread men. Serve immediately.