We’re back with this month’s highly anticipated ‘Boozy Bakery’ recipe, this month’s tantalizing treat is an Italian classic with an Irish twist, Bailey’s Tiramisu. Gorge yourself on this coffee lovers delight. Made with all the classic boozy goodness of Italy with just a little hint of Irish cream to really make our VIP baker’s mouth water. You won’t want to share this show stopper.
Start by accumulating the following ingredients:
- 568ml pot double cream
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 50ml marsala wine
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 250ml strong coffee, made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
- 175g pack sponge finger
- 25g chunk dark chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 50ml of Bailey’s Irish Cream
Now let’s bake:
- Put a 568ml pot double cream, 250g tub mascarpone, 50ml marsala wine and 5 tbsp golden caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have completely combined and holds the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- Pour 250ml strong coffee (made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 250ml boiling water) and 50ml Baileys Irish Cream into a shallow dish, lightly whisk and combine liquids together.
- Dip in a few of the 175g pack of sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few secs until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. Layer these into your dish until you have used half the sponge fingers, then spread over half of the creamy mixture.
- Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the 25g dark chocolate. Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee and Bailey’s mixture), finishing with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To serve, dust with 2 tsp cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.
And it’s as simple as that, gorge yourself on this coffee delight. Add a VIP flare and whip up Bailey’s cocktail or simply have it on the rocks, after all this is a treat only for adults.